Orientation Workshop | New Cultural Safety and Learning Materials CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Cultural Safety
Overview: CATSINaM has developed new teaching and learning materials for this core unit in the Diploma of Enrolled Nursing: CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural Safety.
Key features of these high-quality teaching and learning resources include:
- a contemporary understanding of cultural safety and its application in nursing and the health sector that aligns with CATSINaM’s cultural safety policy and the NMBA Code of Conduct for Nurses
- a comprehensive Learner Guide with embedded Assessment Activities and a student Assessment document to submit that will meet ANMAC standards, ASQA requirements audit expectations
- a detailed Facilitator Guide
RTOs can access to the Facilitator Guide and a sample copy of the Learner Guide and Assessment document by attending a one-day workshop. The workshop provides an orientation to all aspects of the teaching and learning materials, explores what Facilitators need to do in preparing for delivery and examines the steps being taken in the RTO to foster a culturally safe learning environment.
Who is the audience: Diploma of Enrolled Nursing Education Providers
The Workshops Purpose is to orientate educators in:
The following learning areas associated with the four elements and the knowledge evidence outlined in the CHCDIV002 unit of competency and assessment requirements.
1. Identify cultural safety issues in the workplace
2. Model cultural safety in own work
3. Develop strategies for improved cultural safety
4. Evaluate cultural safety strategies
Resources: Student Learner Guides are available for purchase at $22 (get inclusive) plus postage.
To discuss ordering resources, dates and pricing for your workshop, please contact Chloe Peters via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6262 5761