What Can We Do For You?
If you are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurse or midwife, or a student nurse or midwife, or if you are thinking of studying to become a nurse or midwife, we can support you through:
- mentoring opportunities focused on the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- information about scholarship opportunities
- professional development opportunities
- networking opportunities
- representing you Australia-wide to make sure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses’ and midwives’ ideas, opinions and principles are heard
- referring you to our professional affiliates for assistance and information about matters such as industrial relations or university entrance requirements
- providing access to relevant resources
- staging an annual conference that highlights the work of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses and midwives
- the opportunity to share information and experiences through our own newsletter
- keeping you informed about issues related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nursing and midwifery, the nursing professional in general and broader health issues
- providing you with links to international health organisations and forums for research, study and networking opportunities
- leadership opportunities to join our Board
- voting rights at our Annual General Meeting
- unity in our identity as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.